• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Food truck change

7 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2023 at 4:29 PM, powermad5000 said:

While setting up this latest (and last of the year) trade show, I got both of these at the same time in my change from the food truck guy. Neither is in really great shape, but I did hear the familiar "clink" of the quarter and knew I was being handed silver right away. The Canada 25 cents is really not common to get in your change. And I am always amazed at the survivability of the Jefferson nickels that circulate heavily.

PXL_20231127_045354931.jpg

PXL_20231127_045255355.jpg

PXL_20231127_221705878.jpg

PXL_20231127_221358939.jpg

Very good thread, hope you don’t mind me, or maybe others sharing a few “in the wild” occurrences. 

mine is not silver, but still unexpected. This coin was in change at the liquor mart awhile back.

IMG_4035.jpg

IMG_4036.jpg

Edited by R__Rash
Spell

On 11/28/2023 at 4:50 PM, R__Rash said:

hope you don’t mind me, or maybe others sharing a few “in the wild” occurrences.

Not at all. Have at it. There is not much to the thread I started here, so it would be cool to see some other surprising finds.

Very surprising find there! I don't think I have ever gotten an Indian Head back in change. Mostly Lincoln Wheats. I am not shocked by getting Canada (cent, nickel, newer quarter) in my change and it happens about twice a year, but I was surprised to get a silver quarter that I looked up with a melt value of approximately $3.50.

On 11/28/2023 at 11:54 PM, powermad5000 said:

Not at all. Have at it. There is not much to the thread I started here, so it would be cool to see some other surprising finds.

Very surprising find there! I don't think I have ever gotten an Indian Head back in change. Mostly Lincoln Wheats. I am not shocked by getting Canada (cent, nickel, newer quarter) in my change and it happens about twice a year, but I was surprised to get a silver quarter that I looked up with a melt value of approximately $3.50.

It would be cool to see others. Like @Mr.Bill347 said, how many hands have held them? or have they been pilfered from one’s parent or friend (like mentioned in post the other day) to gain by their loss.