• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 extra v
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I see what could be a shadow of the extra "V".  Congratulations if it truly is one

The NGC Census shows that, as of August 2023, there are 37 certified examples, including four tied for highest graded at NGC MS 68.

There are currently 168 specimens for sale on ebay   (According to the NGC variety census,  for which I do not know how the algorithm works)..  Prices vary.  More dramatic the higher the grading, of course.

Edited by dprince1138

Do not listen to the member above he is not anywhere near an expert on coins of any type. There is no "shadow" of a V. The coin you have posted is NOT a VDBV. Dprince stated "The more dramatic the higher the grading of course." This is unequivocally false the type of error and its severeness does not effect a coins grade at all. Period end of story.

Edited by Mike Meenderink
spelling

I can barely make out a possible outline, at about the proper distance.

I need to invest in a better camera myself.  My iphone is not cutting it.  While simply taking an image of the obverse\reverse may be acceptable,  the die variety clues are difficult to pick up and I end up having to experiment with lighting and magnification, much less keeping my hands still and I can spend 30 minutes on an image.