• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Pennies
1 1

7 posts in this topic

The circulated 1964-D cents have no numismatic value. You might want to save them for their copper content. The photo of the 1964 is blurry but even if it is uncirculated with mottled toning as it appears, it is also likely not worth a premium either. Many uncirculated rolls and bags of this date were saved, and they are only sought by collectors in high grade, original "red" uncirculated condition.

On 11/19/2023 at 6:44 PM, Sandon said:

The circulated 1964-D cents have no numismatic value. You might want to save them for their copper content. The photo of the 1964 is blurry but even if it is uncirculated with mottled toning as it appears, it is also likely not worth a premium either. Many uncirculated rolls and bags of this date were saved, and they are only sought by collectors in high grade, original "red" uncirculated condition.

Not so fast.  With the OP's permission, I should like to cross-examine this witness...

I should like to direct your attention to the lower of the two panels provided by the OP above.  The crisp, clear features of the coin are quite evident but I am certain all would agree the example depicted does not exhibit UNCIRCULATED traits. It would arguably be assigned a grade of EF, at the least, on the more optimistic end.

If I may, I should like to suggest you re-visit a related thread. You know, the one in which you stated the 1941 LHC depicted up to XF tendencies. What say you now?

My thanks to the witness for his cooperation, and the OP for her indulgence.

Edited by Henri Charriere
Die-polishing.

I see a 1964 Lincoln Memorial cent with a level of wear possibly being in the AU range but that was stored improperly, and two different 1964 D Lincoln Cents each with a decent level of wear and some hits and probably both in the XF range.

No problem with the numerous posts. You will know you are on to something if the responses get quite involved and the discussion of the coin you post becomes quite long and detailed.

Sorry, Kelly. There's nothing visible about these cents that suggests any kind of manufacturing error, or value beyond the face amount. Overall, among the coins you've posted there are no errors evident and no coin or collector interest of value. This raises the question of the source of your information, and to be blunt, the honesty of those providing the information.

Edited by RWB