• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 D/D ms64 RPM-2 PENNY
1 1

5 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2023 at 2:11 PM, Williamleighton said:

a RPM-2 Lincoln cent anyone know what it is worth 

There is no clear answer to this question for varieties like this that are not listed in major coin price guides and publicly trade between knowledgeable buyers and sellers infrequently. The best you can do is check for records of public sales, such as at Heritage (ha.com), Great Collections (greatcollections.com), and Stacks Bowers (stacksbowers.com). I don't recommend eBay and the like considering the amount of ignorance and dishonesty that appear to pervade many (though not all) of the sellers on those sites.

On 11/16/2023 at 1:23 PM, dprince1138 said:

@Williamleighton please disregard this advice, you never want to use asking prices from unregulated sites like ebay or etsy.   Any seller can ask any price, what you need to do if you plan to use ebay as a resource is to use sold values, not asking prices.   You can do that by using the advanced search function that ebay provides and click on completed auctions.   This is really about as close as you will get for such a thinly traded item as you have.

Most obscure and minor varieties like this derive most of the value from registry set participants that need one for a variety registry set.   The 55 D/D is needed for the NGC Lincoln variety registry set, however, your coin is in the wrong plastic for NGC or PCGS registry users which is going to make them less desirable to anyone that wants one.

On 11/16/2023 at 2:23 PM, dprince1138 said:

You can check on ebay for an idea

STOP REDIRECTING EVERYONE TO EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!

To the OP, there is a price guide on here. You can get to it using this link.

https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/united-states/

You can try to look up the varieties on this site here if they are attributed by NGC.

https://www.ngccoin.com/variety-plus/

You can also look up rpm varieties on varietyvista.com

As for the values, it generally depends on collectors seeking these out in these grades. A regular 1955 D in red MS64-65 is going for between $10-14 in the price guides currently. For the rpm, I generally don't think they command major premiums so maybe $15 for the 64 and $20 for the 65. Maybe. I really couldn't say those are solid numbers. I would think the actual value would be tied to demand for it.