• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Athenian Owl - Feedback appreciated
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Forum!

As a new member -- a hatchling or newbie [clue: The Waving Hand under your User Name] -- I believe this is the first time I have seen anyone jump in with a question about a finished product as opposed to one that is raw and questionable in appearance.

I would imagine you have spent a good piece of change for this and it appears its owl motif was it's primary draw.

Some members will expect that you have already researched the item you've chose to buy and display; others, most notable the walking encyclopedias among us, will refer you to the appropriate resources. I like your coin and am impressed it's been authenticated with a desirable grade. As what are termed, "Ancients," is not my area of familiarity, I would urge you to begin to delve into the various reference sources NGC makes available on its web page whilst waiting on members to weigh in with the specifics regarding your purchase.  Very lovely acquisition!

That is a good looking Ancient . I was looking at a whole collection in a case that the local dealer here on the Cape had picked up. All NGC Graded and all very nice coins. Most were a bit out of my price range but still amazing looking.