• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1991 D
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Your photos should be of the entirety of each side of the coin, cropped to show less of the surface on which the coin sits, and without the reflections of the lights from your camera.  (If these coins are in some sort of clear holder, please remove them from the holder before photographing them, or illuminate them with a lamp aimed from the side.)  The only possible doubling I can see in the current photos are some shallow, shelf like images, beneath the top of "T" in the first photo and the bottom of "CENT" in the second photo, which would be strike (a.k.a. machine or mechanical) doubling.

In addition to the previously provided sources, the following article also gives a good overview of the differences between die doubling and worthless strike doubling. Double Dies vs. Machine Doubling | NGC (ngccoin.com)

On 10/25/2023 at 1:44 PM, Sandon said:

Your photos should be of the entirety of each side of the coin, cropped to show less of the surface on which the coin sits, and without the reflections of the lights from your camera.  (If these coins are in some sort of clear holder, please remove them from the holder before photographing them, or illuminate them with a lamp aimed from the side.)  The only possible doubling I can see in the current photos are some shallow, shelf like images, beneath the top of "T" in the first photo and the bottom of "CENT" in the second photo, which would be strike (a.k.a. machine or mechanical) doubling.

In addition to the previously provided sources, the following article also gives a good overview of the differences between die doubling and worthless strike doubling. Double Dies vs. Machine Doubling | NGC (ngccoin.com)

THE DOUBLEDIE.COM SAYS ITS A LISTED DDR 02 IN I BELIEVE. AND THE DOUBLING IS IN THE COLUMNS I BELIEVE AS DESCRIBED ON DOUBLEDIE.COM JUST SAYN.

Your photos are inadequate for me to make a meaningful comparison, but they don't seem to show the "extra columns" near the centers of Memorial bays 2 and 3 as shown for 1991-D WDDR-002 on doubleddie.com on the following image, nor the similar doubling in bays 9 and 10. Does the coin have the tiny die gouge beneath the "A" in AMERICA that is a marker for this die? See https://www.doubleddie.com/352301.html.

1e0ebe486c972533ffff8568ffffe41e.jpg

We'd like to help you, but we really need better photos and clearer questions than you've been asking in your posts. Please review the following forum topic: