• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission For Hep
1 1

4 posts in this topic

The coins I am submitting have no errors that I am aware of. If you guys find something I didn’t see then what? 

what teir do I choose for just the grade and NGC label/case? I am sending in West Point coins that need to be graded and in capsules. Ware  do I choose just to grade? Or maybe I don’t need any services here? This is my first time submitting. GSA will get it graded and in holder..that’s what I need right?

thanks!

7C7C385B-4C9B-4876-BC66-7DF04B3667B4.png

Edited by Erin33
Comment

• Administrator

Hello @Erin33, Thank you for contacting us. You’ll need to have a general idea of the value of each coin to help select which grading “tier” or category to submit the coin under. Grading tiers and fees can be found at Services and Fees | Coin Submissions | NGC (ngccoin.com). The value we ask you for is an insurance value, a number you would feel comfortable with in terms of a replacement value if your coin was lost or damaged while with us. We encourage you to be conservative as we do not reimburse you if you over-value your coin. If your coin was grossly under-valued, we reserve the right to bump it to the appropriate tier.  Kindly note that NGC does not buy, sell, or value coins. Good resources for determining the value of your coins are completed eBay auctions and the posted prices by large coin dealers.

As for your question about errors, we will only designate a coin with a mint error if it is specially requested via the "Mint Error" service. If this service is not requested, we will grade the coins normally and will not include details of the mint error itself.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

On 10/20/2023 at 7:56 AM, KaileeS CS said:

Hello @Erin33, Thank you for contacting us. You’ll need to have a general idea of the value of each coin to help select which grading “tier” or category to submit the coin under. Grading tiers and fees can be found at Services and Fees | Coin Submissions | NGC (ngccoin.com). The value we ask you for is an insurance value, a number you would feel comfortable with in terms of a replacement value if your coin was lost or damaged while with us. We encourage you to be conservative as we do not reimburse you if you over-value your coin. If your coin was grossly under-valued, we reserve the right to bump it to the appropriate tier.  Kindly note that NGC does not buy, sell, or value coins. Good resources for determining the value of your coins are completed eBay auctions and the posted prices by large coin dealers.

As for your question about errors, we will only designate a coin with a mint error if it is specially requested via the "Mint Error" service. If this service is not requested, we will grade the coins normally and will not include details of the mint error itself.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

So what option do I choose in the screen shot I shared in the first post..if I just want it graded and in a holder only. I do not see that option. Or maybe what I want isn’t an option and I pick no service? this is why I am asking. Thanks

Edited by Erin33

• Administrator

Hello @Erin33

If you are looking to grade in a standard holder and do not need any of the add-on options, choose no service in the second column. You must have the grading tier chosen in the first column, as shown below. 

image.png

By default, GSA coins will be graded in their mint capsules and provided a wrap-around label displaying the grade. GSA coins can be removed and placed in NGC holders, if a written signed request is included with the submission. You can see an example of the wrap-around label used for GSA coins here: https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-grading/holders/gsa/

If you have any other questions, please let us know.