• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1951 D Penny found in roll. Any thoughts?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Please try to provide clearer photos and crop them so that the photo is primarily of the coin and not the surface on which it sits. 

This 1951-D cent appears to be uncirculated and nearly full red. This would be an unusual find nowadays. If someone has touched the coin with bare hands, it may develop fingerprints or spots, so it would be a good idea to dip it in a neutral solvent such as acetone, or if none is available, I've had good results with rinsing each side of low value uncirculated copper coins like this with cold tap water, patting (not rubbing) them dry with a clean tissue, and letting them air dry for half an hour or so before placing them in a proper coin holder or container.

On 10/16/2023 at 9:46 PM, KoyMihn said:

IMG_4122.thumb.png.a5858a1774cfd15453b75d765d01069e.png

Nice cent but we can not say anything without better pictures. As Sandon said. I will suggest putting your phone on top of a soda can with the coin in view. then zooming to fill the screen with the coin to the edges. I have a old S8 Samsung and it will take good shots with this method . Like this 

68 D.jpg

68 D Reverse.jpg

Edited by J P M