• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom Sets View Counter Not working?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I was updating my custom set last week and noticed that the view count has not changed at all, even after numerous views (not logged on) using different browsers on different devices (notebook, phone, tablet).

This is my custom set:

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/wcm/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=32398

As of this writing, my view count is 22.

Custom set owners, would you please view your sets (do not log on) and check if the view count is incrementing? 

Ali E.,

The major question that this thread would like to clarify is…

Is the View Counter for Custom Sets working properly, in every way, as intended?

The current opinion by The 12th Denticle, and myself, is:  No, it is not updating when anyone other than the owner of the Custom Set views a Custom Set.

In other words… the Custom Sets View Counter is broken.

Is it broken?  Please investigate using NGC engineers.

Bob

On 10/16/2023 at 7:13 PM, Ali E. said:

Hello.

A user viewing (or editing) his own set does not count toward number of views. Thank you.

Thank you for clarifying, Ali. And that makes sense: An owner viewing his or her own set should not be counted—only someone else and every time that someone else views the custom set.

On 10/16/2023 at 4:43 PM, Redline68 said:

I saw no change in my set. I also suspect it knows the IP address,

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/wcm/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=32322

@Redline68 I viewed the custom set you linked and it is still sitting at 59. It should have registered that I viewed it (looked at a few coins, enlarged them, looked at the gallery, etc.)

On 10/16/2023 at 3:30 AM, Coinbuf said:

I also tried this and did not see any change in the counter, however, perhaps the software "knows" who I am by the IP address, just guessing on that.

@Coinbuf Also viewed your “My old holder collection” custom set (very nice, btw) and it’s view counter has not moved as well—9722.

On 10/17/2023 at 8:48 AM, The 12th Denticle said:

@Redline68 I viewed the custom set you linked and it is still sitting at 59. It should have registered that I viewed it (looked at a few coins, enlarged them, looked at the gallery, etc.)

Yes, it's still at 59.  The counter seems to not be working correctly.

I viewed The 12th Denticle Custom Set (Custom Sets >> World Coins >> 1 Peso Coins… ) earlier today and it updated from 24 to 25 immediately.

I've asked him (private message) to view my Custom Set.

It will be interesting to see if my Custom Set updates above 58 views for the first time since April 12, 2022.