• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Makes my head hurt

3 posts in this topic

This post is to point out to newbies this disgusting stain on this hobby. Be aware of these sellers selling JUNK!

I have been seeing so much of it popping up on eBay, it is starting to make me get physically sick. I was looking at an auction for a 3 legged Buffalo Nickel and some suggestions popped up and of course I did my usual double take on one of them and had to go to the listing. There was a no date Buffalo Nickel for sale for $750 claiming it to be of "average condition". NOT! It is cull. Dateless. Worn to a nub. Worthless. Then there was more. One for $500 that someone took a center punch to that was claimed to be a mint error. Another for $200 claiming it to be "A part of American history that every collector should own". Do a search for "buffalo nickel no date" and look at the garbage that comes up. And to add to the nausea, go to the filters on the left side and enter $100 for the minimum and $5000 for the maximum, click on the go arrow, and hook up a heart monitor to see if some of the 150+ listings cause you to have a heart attack or at least heart palpitations. And this is just one coin type.

I can't take it. It makes my head hurt. 

Don’t I know what you mean! These cheating outlaws are becoming so prevalent. I am continually annoyed by the counterfeit coins people are suckered into buying. Three examples attached. Yea, right a CC Morgan for $19.98

IMG_7469.jpeg

IMG_7470.jpeg

IMG_7471.jpeg

Edited by Mr.Bill347