• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value of Coins
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi

I have a 1999 Georgia quarter and a 1841 william henry harrison dollar coin. I have attached pictures below.

Can you please tell me the values of these coins?

Thanks,

IMG_8878.thumb.jpg.bcab1fd2879141ce187f36a877117189.jpgHave a great day.

IMG_8877.jpg

Welcome to the forum
This forum is for buying and selling coins.  You should really have posted this in the Newbie Forum for better response.

To answer your question, the coins you have are only worth face value.  Total $1.25
Why did you think they were worth more?

Welcome to the NGC chat board.

Please note that the "Coin Marketplace" forum is for buying and selling coins. Please post any future inquiries like this in the "Newbie Coin Collecting Questions" forum.

Both of these coins are common modern issues made for circulation, and both have wear. They are only worth their face value. The 1999-D Georgia quarter had a mintage of well over 488 million pieces.  The date (2009) and mint mark ("P" or "D") of the W. H. Harrison dollar are on the coin's edge; over 43 million were minted at the Philadelphia mint and over 55 million at the Denver mint. Collectors and dealers saved many rolls and bags of these coins in uncirculated condition, and they are only worth a premium in pristine uncirculated condition.

Edited by Sandon
corrected "quarter" to "dollar"

If your presidential dollar has missing edge lettering or double edge lettering, it may be worth $5 to the right buyer, but I would suspect condition will hold it back from more drastic premium.  If the edge lettering is normal, all coins are worth face value.

For starters, your William Henry Harrison $1 coin was not made in 1841. It was minted in 2009. William Henry Harrison served as the ninth president for 31 days in 1841.

Both coins show evidence of light circulation, and each are worth their respective face values.

I agree with @The Neophyte Numismatist to check on the edge lettering of the $1 coin. Only an error on the lettering would make the coin worth more than $1.

Is it just me or does it seem like every day or every other day we get a new thread with a newcomer coming in asking what some coins are worth or if they found a super-valuable coin in pocket change ?

It's been this way for months....we seemed to go weeks or months WITHOUT them during Covid.

I'm just wondering why we seem to have gotten this flurry the last few months.  Not sure what it coincides with...if anything, would have thought it would have happened during Stay-At-Home Covid or during lockdowns.

Any ideas ?

On 10/15/2023 at 1:08 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Is it just me or does it seem like every day or every other day we get a new thread with a newcomer coming in asking what some coins are worth or if they found a super-valuable coin in pocket change ?

It's been this way for months....we seemed to go weeks or months WITHOUT them during Covid.

I'm just wondering why we seem to have gotten this flurry the last few months.  Not sure what it coincides with...if anything, would have thought it would have happened during Stay-At-Home Covid or during lockdowns.

Any ideas ?

Knowledge used to be able to be assumed. No more. The availability of the Internet has radically increased human ignorance.