• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conversion from PCGS to NGC
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Evening,

I have an 1825 farthing which is currently graded MS63RB by PCGS. I wanted to get this re-graded by NGC as all of my graded coins are done by NGC, but there is a patch of dark toning/stain above the bust. The rest of the coin has virtually full original lustre.

I know that NGC crossover PCGS slabbed coins, but if I was to remove the coin myself to avoid any damage liability, and resubmit it as a raw coin, will this patch of toning potentially result in a details grade? Would it be best to just submit in the PCGS slab? I have yet to take an image but can post later.

Cheers.

• Administrator

Hello @Christopher Ray, thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, we cannot confirm if the "patch" of toning would result in a details grade. Our graders would have to determine what it is and go from there. However, the coin would not qualify for CrossOver if you cracked the coin out of its current PCGS slab. If you'd like your coin to go through CrossOver service, you may submit the coin as is. If you'd like to submit it raw, you may consider sending the coin through NCS Conservation services first to see if they can assist with the patch. You can read more about NCS and what they are able to remove/assist with HERE.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!