• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it April 1st already? And just because no one has mentioned this yet.
1 1

18 posts in this topic

September 6, 2023

Stack’s Bowers Galleries Partners with Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) Founder David Hall to Launch Collectible Market Qualified (CMQ) Offering

Stack’s Bowers Galleries to Rollout Coins In Motion (CIM) Animation Technology to its Collector and Dealer Customer Base in Calendar Fourth Quarter 2023

Costa Mesa, CA – Stack’s Bowers Galleries, the renowned numismatic auction house, and David Hall, the esteemed founder of Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS), have partnered to introduce Collectible Market Qualified (CMQ), a new service offering that identifies the highest quality graded coins in the market.

Utilizing CMQ’s services, collectors, dealers, and investors can submit qualifying coins to be evaluated by David Hall and Stack’s Bowers Galleries’ CEO Greg Roberts, two of the most accomplished numismatists of all-time. Hall and Roberts will assess each coin for its quality, eye appeal and grade. Coins that Hall and Roberts unanimously agree meet CMQ’s rigorous standards will be recognized as “qualified” and granted a tamper-resistant hologram sticker, symbolizing a mark of approval.

CMQ stickered coins are designed to instill confidence in a coin’s quality and facilitate “sight unseen” trading. Stack’s Bowers Galleries’ and David Hall Rare Coins’ trading departments, who collectively buy and sell more than $500 million in rare coins annually, will be active market makers in all CMQ stickered coins, providing added demand and liquidity. Collectors, dealers, and investors in rare coins can have a new level of confidence when buying or selling CMQ stickered coins because they have unanimously met or exceeded Hall’s and Robert’s rigorous standards.

“Collectors and dealers can rest assured that no marginally graded or negative eye appeal coins will ever exhibit a CMQ sticker, providing a new level of confidence when buying or selling CMQ qualified coins,” commented Hall.

CMQ will offer two levels of stickers – CMQ and CMQ-X. Collectible Market Qualified Exceptional (CMQ-X) stickers will be assigned to a small percentage of coins that, “make you shake your head in wonderment,” added Hall. Each coin submitted for CMQ review will be photographed by Stack’s Bowers Galleries’ award-winning photography department and these images will be available in submitters’ online accounts.

CMQ will begin accepting coin submissions on September 6, 2023. For information on what coins are eligible, how to submit coins, pricing, and other inquiries, please visit https://cmq.stacksbowers.com/.

Additionally, Stack’s Bowers Galleries will be making its proprietary and patented Coins In Motion (CIM) high resolution collectible animation technology available to all collectors and dealers in the fourth quarter of 2023. Utilizing the same submission process as CMQ, collectors and dealers will receive ultra-high resolution 4K MP4 video animations of their submitted coins, ideally formatted for sharing on social media, including in collection management systems or to facilitate buying and selling.

thoughts?

Maybe what I ought to do is take the Award-winning collection of gold roosters I have and mosey on over to Stack's and have them have a quick look-see. According to the [Orange County] website, no one has ever attempted to put together a "highest graded" set in their entire history. I am both the Current and All-Time Finest collector. And maybe those fine folks can make a suggestion as to what the set's Final Disposition ought to be in consideration of the fact I lack heirs. I am familiar with the innovative technology and Stack's pairing up with those affiliated with "Orange County" will give me the impetus to make my move. I will wait until mid-March of next year, the 5th anniversary of my dedicated collecting endeavors to wait and see if any more sources come up with new merchandise, before pulling the plug. It's been a desert and a drought here for me. Finally, something new. Never did make it to Orlando, Long Beach, Baltimore and Rosemont but the Penny Lady's itinerary and our gallivanting globetrotter, VKurtB, gave me a peek at that world.  Now everything is tickety-boo. A rare chance for the # 2 ranked guy to assume the throne and # 11 to become one of the Top Ten. It's a Wonderful Life!  Thanks for the tip! I am certain the Moderators here will rejoice as well.  🤣

On 9/7/2023 at 7:37 AM, Zebo said:

September 6, 2023

Stack’s Bowers Galleries Partners with Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) Founder David Hall to Launch Collectible Market Qualified (CMQ) Offering

Stack’s Bowers Galleries to Rollout Coins In Motion (CIM) Animation Technology to its Collector and Dealer Customer Base in Calendar Fourth Quarter 2023

Costa Mesa, CA – Stack’s Bowers Galleries, the renowned numismatic auction house, and David Hall, the esteemed founder of Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS), have partnered to introduce Collectible Market Qualified (CMQ), a new service offering that identifies the highest quality graded coins in the market.

Utilizing CMQ’s services, collectors, dealers, and investors can submit qualifying coins to be evaluated by David Hall and Stack’s Bowers Galleries’ CEO Greg Roberts, two of the most accomplished numismatists of all-time. Hall and Roberts will assess each coin for its quality, eye appeal and grade. Coins that Hall and Roberts unanimously agree meet CMQ’s rigorous standards will be recognized as “qualified” and granted a tamper-resistant hologram sticker, symbolizing a mark of approval.

CMQ stickered coins are designed to instill confidence in a coin’s quality and facilitate “sight unseen” trading. Stack’s Bowers Galleries’ and David Hall Rare Coins’ trading departments, who collectively buy and sell more than $500 million in rare coins annually, will be active market makers in all CMQ stickered coins, providing added demand and liquidity. Collectors, dealers, and investors in rare coins can have a new level of confidence when buying or selling CMQ stickered coins because they have unanimously met or exceeded Hall’s and Robert’s rigorous standards.

“Collectors and dealers can rest assured that no marginally graded or negative eye appeal coins will ever exhibit a CMQ sticker, providing a new level of confidence when buying or selling CMQ qualified coins,” commented Hall.

CMQ will offer two levels of stickers – CMQ and CMQ-X. Collectible Market Qualified Exceptional (CMQ-X) stickers will be assigned to a small percentage of coins that, “make you shake your head in wonderment,” added Hall. Each coin submitted for CMQ review will be photographed by Stack’s Bowers Galleries’ award-winning photography department and these images will be available in submitters’ online accounts.

CMQ will begin accepting coin submissions on September 6, 2023. For information on what coins are eligible, how to submit coins, pricing, and other inquiries, please visit https://cmq.stacksbowers.com/.

Additionally, Stack’s Bowers Galleries will be making its proprietary and patented Coins In Motion (CIM) high resolution collectible animation technology available to all collectors and dealers in the fourth quarter of 2023. Utilizing the same submission process as CMQ, collectors and dealers will receive ultra-high resolution 4K MP4 video animations of their submitted coins, ideally formatted for sharing on social media, including in collection management systems or to facilitate buying and selling.

thoughts?

Wow , now that CAC is slabbing coins we need another slab sticker . Na............ I will get my own silver and gold stars and if I am real good I can have milk and cookies.

On 9/7/2023 at 2:11 PM, Just Bob said:

So, let's see, if I have an Indian Head cent with one of Rick Snow's Eagle Eye stickers which I have also sent to CAC to get stickered, now I can send it to David Hall and get a CMQ sticker. If I keep going, eventually my slab will end up looking like a North Korean general in dress uniform.

image.thumb.png.4e800fdb7181f87e51e6e2d021af1053.png

Shhhhh....Those are really Pogs.

This is the beauty of the hobby.  The collecting is never over. You're beguiled by a single coin. You investigate only to find out there are a dozen more. "I can do this," you think to yourself. You "complete" the run. You go on to an interest in grades, switch to slabs and upgrading, and before you know it, nothing is done until you've tracked down and acquired every one in impeccable top pop nothing finer condition, or 1/0.

Comes now Zebo with news that speaks to me personally. I didn't choose Orange Co. They had the Originals locked down overseas. They chose me. I was only minding my own business.  [Anyone remember the day a member here posted the intemperant comment, in substance, Why don't you go back to where you belong, (i.e.,the West Coast?)]. Now Zebo has expanded my horizons... Now, in addition to the de rigeur look, three-piece pin-striped suit, shirt 'n' tie, black wingtips, I have to CMQ-ize my compilation. Everything not up to snuff has to go. I have a purpose in my life now.  Man I love this place!  Thanks again, Zebo!

On 9/7/2023 at 5:41 PM, Henri Charriere said:

This is the beauty of the hobby.  The collecting is never over. You're beguiled by a single coin. You investigate only to find out there are a dozen more. "I can do this," you think to yourself. You "complete" the run. You go on to an interest in grades, switch to slabs and upgrading, and before you know it, nothing is done until you've tracked down and acquired every one in impeccable top pop nothing finer condition, or 1/0.

Comes now Zebo with news that speaks to me personally. I didn't choose Orange Co. They had the Originals locked down overseas. They chose me. I was only minding my own business.  [Anyone remember the day a member here posted the intemperant comment, in substance, Why don't you go back to where you belong, (i.e.,the West Coast?)]. Now Zebo has expanded my horizons... Now, in addition to the de rigeur look, three-piece pin-striped suit, shirt 'n' tie, black wingtips, I have to CMQ-ize my compilation. Everything not up to snuff has to go. I have a purpose in my life now.  Man I love this place!  Thanks again, Zebo!

...hate to rain on ur parade QA, but i dont think this new stickering endeavor accepts foreign coins...also if im not mistaken a parade consists of more than one participant....

Rain? Moi? Not at all. As you may know, hybrid set registries do not extend to world gold coins. No CMQ? No problem. You just saved me a whole lot of time and trouble. I appreciate the heads-up. It is always an honor and a privilege hearing from you.

On 9/7/2023 at 8:28 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

If your send your stickered slabs to me with $10, I will grade the condition of your sticker.  For $20, I will make it scented.  PM me for details.

None of my slabs are snickered. Neither here, nor "there." But thanks.

On 9/7/2023 at 6:22 PM, zadok said:

...hate to rain on ur parade QA, but i dont think this new stickering endeavor accepts foreign coins...also if im not mistaken a parade consists of more than one participant....

No stickering yet, but with a growing market - it may not be long. Stacks or someone else. You have Wings, but that has never really taken off. If there is money to be made - someone will eventually make it.

On 9/8/2023 at 9:55 AM, Zebo said:

No stickering yet, but with a growing market - it may not be long. Stacks or someone else. You have Wings, but that has never really taken off. If there is money to be made - someone will eventually make it.

...problem is finding qualified foreign graders....

On 9/8/2023 at 2:25 PM, zadok said:

...problem is finding qualified foreign graders....

Agree! The most probable start would be Europe and Australia although others are creeping up.