• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coins inside of plastic holders from heritage or other companies shouldn’t be taken out of?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Most my coins are affiliated with heritage and are in plastic holders..I want to keep them inside the holders right? Also is there something special I have to mark off for this on submissions slip?

CB3E0AB9-06F4-4DCD-8AC4-A9D4D649F2BA.jpeg

I do not want the packaging back but need to make sure I can send this way..and if you recognize any errors do you all contact me about this? I am Not a coin error reader. The easy ones I can find but there r some hard errors I am probably missing 

DF528345-5246-418D-9D27-60DCB6F486CE.jpeg

On 9/3/2023 at 10:31 AM, Erin33 said:

I do not want the packaging back but need to make sure I can send this way..and if you recognize any errors do you all contact me about this? I am Not a coin error reader. The easy ones I can find but there r some hard errors I am probably missing 

DF528345-5246-418D-9D27-60DCB6F486CE.jpeg

None of these coins are worth the cost to submit, also you have posted this inquiry in the NGC registry section.   This section is for discussion of the NGC registry, you need to post questions like this in the "Ask NGC" or Newbie sections of the forum.

On 9/3/2023 at 10:37 AM, Erin33 said:

Those aren’t the coins I am submitting..lol it was an example of packaging..but ok

The only packaging that NGC will allow submitters to submit coins in is official US mint packaging, everything else you need to submit each coin in individual (non PVC) 2-1/2 X 2-1/2 plastic flips.   You should be able to find these on-line or at a local coin shop.

On 9/3/2023 at 3:44 PM, Erin33 said:

How would they know where the coins come from thEn ..and they are from heritage..you know them right?

It is generally irrelevant to subsequent owners what dealer may have previously sold a coin to someone else. More valuable coins that were once owned by famous collectors such as Garrett, Eliasberg, or Norweb sometimes have the provenance (famous owner's name) noted on the grading service holder.

The Heritage we know about (ha.com) is a major company that usually sells coins (and other collectibles) at auction, although they also do some direct sales. Most of the coins they sell are in grading service holders and are much more valuable than what you have shown us, which appear to be inexpensive groups of coins sold by mass marketers to the general public through television and periodical ads.  Perhaps they came from a bulk consignment to Heritage and were sold in groups. There is nothing on the portions of the holders you have shown indicating that the holders originated with Heritage.

On 9/3/2023 at 12:44 PM, Erin33 said:

How would they know where the coins come from thEn ..and they are from heritage..you know them right?

It would help if you could provide an image of the packaging you are referring to.   The Heritage I know of is a collectables auction company, however, there are and have been some private mints that have coined some items.   Coins or medals that are coined in private mints are not always eligible for grading and encapsulation by a TPG like NGC.

Any of these kind of sets were put together by third parties and they were not packaged by the US Mint. Typically, they were assembled using all circulated and non valuable coins and more of a teaching tool, or most likely a way to provide inexpensive coins to newer collectors to get them interested in the third party's other higher quality, higher dollar coins. They were in the most basic terms using coins of little to no value as a marketing tool.

As for error coins in these kinds of sets, I would not even waste any time looking for errors in them. The third parties who assembled these sets made sure there were no valuable coins in them. If you want to further educate yourself on error coins, go to the 4 part article on this site for learning grading errors which I will provide a link to Part 1 or go to error-ref.com for more in depth information.

Learn Grading: What Is a Mint Error? — Part 1 | NGC (ngccoin.com)