• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

does NGC Grade Medals
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Others can verify this but if I am not mistaken, I do believe NGC will grade these medals. As for filling out the submission forms correctly to do this, that I am not sure of. Of course, you can always call NGC to confirm if they do and also how to correctly submit them.

Edited by powermad5000

These medals would be graded under the "Modern" tier, which includes the following items:

Modern

All US or world coins struck 1965 to present (except patterns, die trials, etc.), or US or world tokens and medals struck 1990 to present, both private and official.

See NGC Services and Fees | NGC (ngccoin.com) (Emphasis added.) 

I don't know why anyone would want to remove these items from their mint packaging and send them to a grading service, but that is for you to decide. I advise you to review the various topics under the "Submit" tab on the NGC home page so that you will appreciate the requirements and expenses involved.

Yes they will grade all the US Mint products. I had a 2019 end ww2 silver medal graded a few years ago to go along with my end ww2 silver eagle. Looking back I wish Id left them in the OGP. I had just started collecting and thought you were supposed to have them graded to make em more valuable. I bought into the internet hype.  Ive since quite certifing modern bullion. If it were mine I would leave it in the OGP. It cost quite a bit to have one graded due to all the fees. After piling on the insurance, shipping, return OGP (if you want it back), and everything else it gets very pricey. Usually you can buy the presidential medals already graded cheaper than you can buy one and have it graded. The bulk submitters and bullion dealers get a deal on them and can sell them at a fairly cheap price. But its your choice. If you want to pay and get it certified its entirely up to you. But if it comes back PF69 then the value decreases quite a bit and it makes it not worth it. Been better buying a PF70 from a bullion dealer. 

Edited by Hoghead515