• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOMINICA republic one Peso 2003 in MS

2 posts in this topic

Dear Ali, 

Dominican Republic one peso dated 2003 was NOT mint as regular coins, they were only made in PROOFS, this is way there is only one in the Registry, and that is because they made a mistake when slab, I consult with the Central Bank and they confirm that regular coins were never ordered, only proofs.

There is a  similar problem with the Gold 100 Pesos dated 1975 the Central Bank, orded them in regular (18.000) and proofs (2000), but because they look nicer with the Proof finish, the ignorant Governor of the Bank, ask all to have Proof finish, now because of this in the Registry there are only two regular coins and about 80 proofs

I hope you can correct the issue with the coins dated 2003.

Best regard

Isaac

• Administrator
On 8/21/2023 at 1:50 AM, rudman coleccion said:

Dear Ali, 

Dominican Republic one peso dated 2003 was NOT mint as regular coins, they were only made in PROOFS, this is way there is only one in the Registry, and that is because they made a mistake when slab, I consult with the Central Bank and they confirm that regular coins were never ordered, only proofs.

There is a  similar problem with the Gold 100 Pesos dated 1975 the Central Bank, orded them in regular (18.000) and proofs (2000), but because they look nicer with the Proof finish, the ignorant Governor of the Bank, ask all to have Proof finish, now because of this in the Registry there are only two regular coins and about 80 proofs

I hope you can correct the issue with the coins dated 2003.

Best regard

Isaac

Hola, Isaac.

I sent a message to the senior graders. I will email you when I hear back from them. Gracias.