• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 D Roosevelt dime... black
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hello coin collectors.  I have come across a 2020 D roosevelt dime that is dark in color on both sides. It's in very nice condition. Can you help me out and let me know if this is a planchard error? Thanks

16912641576378357209821391806641.jpg

Held over a fire or in an oven. Nothing unusual except for the scammers trying to sell these as "valuable errors."

Hello and welcome!

In the future, for us to be able to give a fair assessment of a coin in question, please provide clear, cropped photos of both sides of the coin in question.

The correct term is planchet, not planchard.

From the blurry off center non cropped photo provided, I can say almost for certain it is simply environmentally damaged, and not an error. Please do not watch YouTube coin videos that ascribe errors to damaged coins which are not errors nor have any value but are just badly damaged coins.

When it comes to coin collecting you only want coins that are as close to perfection as possible. Do not waste your time and money searching for error or damaged coins as you will be let down more often than not.