• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 1Cent Cud ?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Looks like a minor die chip with no added collector value.  If these interest you put it in a mylar flip and store it in a box labeled Minor Errors and Varieties.  If you roll hunt you will occasionally see things like this to put in the box.

Edited by EagleRJO

On 8/4/2023 at 6:58 AM, Redline68 said:

Agree with above responses.  Cud example:

1972 cud obv.jpg

Hello I was looking at your neat large die cud Lincoln cent when I noticed something. I believe this is also a clashed die strike. This coin was probably struck soon after a die clashing event that caused the die to crack. The broken die also had this clash on it prior to the mint replacing it with a fresh one. See photo.

1972 D Lincoln 1c Die Clash & Large Cud.jpg

On 8/4/2023 at 9:58 AM, Redline68 said:

Agree with above responses.  Cud example:

This is the die clash overlay from MadDieClashes.com for a 1969-2008 Lincoln Cent to check out the coin in-hand as clashes are difficult to fully show or see with just pictures.

1969-2008 1C Die Clash Overlay.jpg

Interesting and helpful overlay.  On closer inspection there is die clash evidence.  Moreso on the front, but there appears to a little on the back as well near the memorial roof and between the pillars.

Coin found in pocket change approx 1980.

72 clash Obv.jpg

72 clash rev.jpg