• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you were to win...
1 1

45 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2023 at 7:39 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I just went and bought some tickets. Hope i win but im not gonna get my hopes up. I have a pretty good feeling what results what my tickets will be. 

I would have to drive a bit over two hours to buy a ticket. Either Georgia or Tennessee.

On 8/4/2023 at 11:28 PM, VKurtB said:

I would have to drive a bit over two hours to buy a ticket. Either Georgia or Tennessee.

They sell them all over here at home. Theres a store less than 5 minutes away that sells them. Got up and checked em earlier. Only matched 1 number out of all of em. lol Usually dont even get that close. lol

Edited by Hoghead515

On 8/5/2023 at 9:33 AM, Hoghead515 said:

They sell them all over here at home. Theres a store less than 5 minutes away that sells them. Got up and checked em earlier. Only matched 1 number out of all of em. lol Usually dont even get that close. lol

We's too "righteous" ta buy no lottery tickets. But we can carry a Smith & Wesson without a permit n' send crinimals to meet Jesus thisaffernoon. Kin ah git an "amen", brother?

On 8/5/2023 at 11:18 AM, VKurtB said:

We's too "righteous" ta buy no lottery tickets. But we can carry a Smith & Wesson without a permit n' send crinimals to meet Jesus thisaffernoon. Kin ah git an "amen", brother?

AMEN brother.

Same here. They changed us to conceal carry without a permit also. I keep my permit just for the heck of it. Makes it easier if I want to make a purchase. Dont have to go through back ground checks. 

Edited by Hoghead515

No Mega Millions top-prize winner yesterday... next drawing Tuesday, Aug. 8... Jackpot may exceed the highest ever attained: 1.537B, or put another way, over one thousand five hundred million dollars...

On 8/5/2023 at 12:55 PM, Henri Charriere said:

No Mega Millions top-prize winner yesterday... next drawing Tuesday, Aug. 8... Jackpot may exceed the highest ever attained: 1.537B, or put another way, over one thousand five hundred dollars...

I just passing up that one last night. Was waiting on them to put a little more money in there. Im gonna wait and win her Tuesday. lol  

On 8/5/2023 at 11:55 AM, Henri Charriere said:

No Mega Millions top-prize winner yesterday... next drawing Tuesday, Aug. 8... Jackpot may exceed the highest ever attained: 1.537B, or put another way, over one thousand five hundred million dollars...

I may be in the ticket pool. I’ll be in Pittsburgh all next week.

I suppose the take home after all taxes will be about 600,000,000.

Then there is the question of remain anonymous or not.  (where every hard-luck friend or relative will suddenly come out of the proverbial "woodwork")

Decisions  Decisions

On 8/9/2023 at 9:03 AM, USAuPzlBxBob said:

Then there is the question of remain anonymous or not. 

More money, more problems.  Some states do not allow anonymity. Mine, N.Y. does.  One thing for sure:  I will lose my Federally-subsidized senior housing. How would you feel knowing the multi-millionaire living next door pays only $257. in rent?  A few years back, one winner showed up to claim his prize wearing a paper bag over his head with two holes cut out for his eyes. His only comment was, "No comment," before dashing out the doors. Luckily for him, he had a common name much like John Smith.  🤣

On 8/9/2023 at 9:03 AM, USAuPzlBxBob said:

I suppose the take home after all taxes will be about 600,000,000.

Then there is the question of remain anonymous or not.  (where every hard-luck friend or relative will suddenly come out of the proverbial "woodwork")

Decisions  Decisions

...im considering not to even claim the winnings, just too much paperwork n hassle....

On 8/9/2023 at 11:05 AM, Henri Charriere said:

More money, more problems.  Some states do not allow anonymity. Mine, N.Y. does.  One thing for sure:  I will lose my Federally-subsidized senior housing. How would you feel knowing the multi-millionaire living next door pays only $257. in rent?  A few years back, one winner showed up to claim his prize wearing a paper bag over his head with two holes cut out for his eyes. His only comment was, "No comment," before dashing out the doors. Luckily for him, he had a common name much like John Smith.  🤣

Now that's what I'd call an Unknown Comic!

On 8/9/2023 at 12:28 PM, zadok said:

...im considering not to even claim the winnings, just too much paperwork n hassle....

I don't know what other states' local rules are, but in New York they state, among other things, "This ticket is a bearer instrument," and "A valid ticket is required to claim a prize."