• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying this coin so I can submit please.
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Just so you know, the clear majority of ancient coin collectors never have a single coin submitted for grading. Yes, the minority who do so is slowly growing, but if you go to any major show with ancient coin dealers ( the coins are ancient, not the dealers ) you will see very few graded pieces. Raw is king.

Welcome to the Forum.

Unfortunately, making matters murkier is the apparent fact our newly-minted member does not know what he has: what he seeks is positive ID... Is there anyone in the house who knows exactly what this coin is and whether its value outweighs the cost of submission? 

On 7/30/2023 at 8:45 PM, VKurtB said:

Just so you know, the clear majority of ancient coin collectors never have a single coin submitted for grading. Yes, the minority who do so is slowly growing, but if you go to any major show with ancient coin dealers ( the coins are ancient, not the dealers ) you will see very few graded pieces. Raw is king.

I would love to sell it. Just don't know where. I just thought I would do better monetary wise if I graded it. Also it's hard for me to price without knowing exactly what it is. I e heard so many different things. 

On 7/30/2023 at 8:55 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Welcome to the Forum.

Unfortunately, making matters murkier is the apparent fact our newly-minted member does not know what he has: what he seeks is positive ID... Is there anyone in the house who knows exactly what this coin is and whether its value outweighs the cost of submission? 

Yes sir thank you. I've heard something like devarius caesar and I've heard someone say it was during caesars reign. Someone sent me a internet picture that looks gold but same picture. No more information. I'll attach photo. 

Screenshot_20230726-160405.jpg

@JKK is very good help with ancients. Hes helped me before when I was completely lost. 

Please dont hold the coin by the face. Contaminants get on the coin and damage it. Also fingerprints are very unattractive as the coin tones over time. 

Edited by Hoghead515

Even NGC’s famous authentication guarantee does not apply to ancients.