• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correction attribution - Already notified to UK Service
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Good afternoon,

I have just acquired an 1839 halfpenny at auction that has been graded by yourselves, but wanted to get a corrected attribution please. I have checked the registry as I noticed that the label did not note it as a bronzed proof, but noted that you have two separate categories for 1839 proof halfpennies; one as standard 1839 (which my coin is logged as), and the other bronzed.

I have attached a copy below of Peck's listing for 1839 halfpennies. All 1839 halfpennies were bronzed proofs, as they were not issued for circulation and only for the proof sets issued at the time. Some of these coins had inverted dies and they are very rare, although still bronzed.

Therefore, can you confirm that I can submit this as a mechanical error to have the label corrected please, and let me know if you are going to merge the two categories as there only needs to be one.

Please let me and Adam Smith in the UK service dept know if this can be done, as he is also waiting for a reply from you.

Many thanks.

Peck1839.jpg

• Administrator
On 7/28/2023 at 11:56 AM, Christopher Ray said:
Good afternoon,

I have just acquired an 1839 halfpenny at auction that has been graded by yourselves, but wanted to get a corrected attribution please. I have checked the registry as I noticed that the label did not note it as a bronzed proof, but noted that you have two separate categories for 1839 proof halfpennies; one as standard 1839 (which my coin is logged as), and the other bronzed.

I have attached a copy below of Peck's listing for 1839 halfpennies. All 1839 halfpennies were bronzed proofs, as they were not issued for circulation and only for the proof sets issued at the time. Some of these coins had inverted dies and they are very rare, although still bronzed.

Therefore, can you confirm that I can submit this as a mechanical error to have the label corrected please, and let me know if you are going to merge the two categories as there only needs to be one.

Please let me and Adam Smith in the UK service dept know if this can be done, as he is also waiting for a reply from you.

Many thanks.

Hello, @Christopher Ray.

All label corrections/updates to a coin's description go through Customer Service. If the UK Customer Service office is your local office, and you already reached out to them, then they should be reaching out to Customer Service in Sarasota. You may reach them at service@ngccoin.com or at 1-855-GRADE10 (855-472-3310).  

The NGC Registry is a mirror of the grading screens. We have grade examples of 1837 (William IV) MS 1/2P coins. If there are any changes to the descriptions of the 1837 1/2P coins in the grading screens, after that occurs, the NGC Registry team can make any necessary adjustments to Registry slot names. Thank you.