• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1921 Morgan silver dollar , "extremely" rare error, missing C in the word AMERICA!
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Welcome to the NGC chat board.

Please follow the instructions for posting a coin for sale posted under “Coin Marketplace Guidlines”.  
You supply no information whatsoever.  
Also the missing C appears to be a grease filled die which is not extremely rare.

Edited by Greenstang
Correct typo

IMO THATS A FAKE. The C was left off to subvert the federal government's wrath. It should be tested for metal type, purity, weight, diameter, thickness to confirm but it looks to me like a copy of a coin made from an impression of a real coin. The probability of a completely clean field area with an omitted major part of the design due to a grease fill die is very low. At least some mark would be present IMO.

On 7/30/2023 at 12:28 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

IMO THATS A FAKE. The C was left off to subvert the federal government's wrath. It should be tested for metal type, purity, weight, diameter, thickness to confirm but it looks to me like a copy of a coin made from an impression of a real coin. The probability of a completely clean field area with an omitted major part of the design due to a grease fill die is very low. At least some mark would be present IMO.

Funny, you don't enjoy the opinions of others here about your coins but sure are free to give others your opinion solicited or not.

I am a novice when it comes to coins , it has been tested and is a little over the normal silver weight but is 999 silver, I have had a few so called experts look at it and they cannot come up with a number of value, they have never seen one like it . I have gotten offers of 350$,100$,and 475$ but have been told it could.be worth way more. I appreciate everyone's words and wisdom,anybody else? please so.eone???

On 7/30/2023 at 2:39 PM, Coinbuf said:

Funny, you don't enjoy the opinions of others here about your coins but sure are free to give others your opinion solicited or not.

You don't give opinions you just talk smack about most people's posts, split hairs, insult people's posts as mundane and not worth your time but you still troll everything just like here. Sometimes you try to answer questions but mostly you just blabber. You are the definition of a troll as we see here. No one asked you to comment on my post this is the OPs post not yours to talk smack on. Nothing you say will ever convince me you have any coin skills beyond what you collect ( Chucky Cheese Pizza Tokens)  so please just stop.

Edited by Mike Meenderink

On 8/11/2023 at 7:52 AM, Mike Meenderink said:

You don't give opinions you just talk smack about most people's posts, split hairs, insult people's posts as mundane and not worth your time but you still troll everything just like here. Sometimes you try to answer questions but mostly you just blabber. You are the definition of a troll as we see here. No one asked you to comment on my post this is the OPs post not yours to talk smack on. Nothing you say will ever convince me you have any coin skills beyond what you collect ( Chucky Cheese Pizza Tokens)  so please just stop.

Do you actually think anyone cares about what you think :makepoint:   You have proven you know little about coins but at least you are a funny guy.