• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1921 peace dollar DDR
1 1

12 posts in this topic

The photos are too blurry to see clearly, but the doubling appears to be shelf-like and without notching, indicating strike doubling, not a doubled die.  (There does not appear to be any known doubled die variety for the 1921 Peace dollar.) The coin appears to have been "cleaned" or polished.

If anything on a 1921 Peace dollar with high relief being used for the year which also did not help with the overall sharpness of details to begin with, but was a method employed to try to extend die life which also happened to not work out so well, from what I can see in the mostly blurry photos, I attribute the focus points to be nothing more than die erosion doubling. There is no clear true hub doubling recorded as a variety for 1921 Peace Dollars on either the obverse nor the reverse.

On 7/27/2023 at 1:05 AM, Tony Follis said:

I put a 1974 D Lincoln cent in a vice then I used my needle nose pliers and bent it. I guess it must be a US Mint error and worth a million dollars LoL.

That's insane.  No way your coin is worth a million dollars.:o

I'd be willing to give you $5,000....subject to the pliers being deemed authentic. xD(thumbsu