• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to sell a few coins
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Welcome to the forum.

Please follow the Coin Marketplace guidlines for posting in this  forum.  
The information is right above your post.
You give no information whatsoever.  Also quarters from the 80’s and 90’s   
are not vintage, they are fairly common.

Agree with greenstang, the 6 quarters in your photo above are just common pocket change in that condition, to be worth even a few dollars each they would have to be in uncirculated condition, from the one photo they all appear to be in less than uncirculated condition.

You mention a "1831 capped bust 2.5D gold piece" just for the sake of accuracy, the mint ceased production of the capped bust $2.5 dollar gold coin in 1808, the correct term for an 1831 is Capped Head.   However without any photos (both sides of the coin) nobody knows what you really have.

On 7/8/2023 at 2:27 PM, Coinbuf said:

Agree with greenstang, the 6 quarters in your photo above are just common pocket change in that condition, to be worth even a few dollars each they would have to be in uncirculated condition, from the one photo they all appear to be in less than uncirculated condition.

You mention a "1831 capped bust 2.5D gold piece" just for the sake of accuracy, the mint ceased production of the capped bust $2.5 dollar gold coin in 1808, the correct term for an 1831 is Capped Head.   However without any photos (both sides of the coin) nobody knows what you really have.

Thank you for the feedback. Truly I appreciate it. I love coins but obviously have so much to learn. The pics are in my profile under competitive sets.

No disrespect intended, but you may want to learn more about numismatics before you try to sell coins.  Selling coins without knowledge will make it nearly impossible to you to represent the coins accurately and fairly.  

Welcome to the hobby.  Study-up!  There is a lot of nuance and this hobby can be fascinating at every turn if you are open, and put in some work.

Is this a joke? If that were the case I’d reach in pocket everyday and try sell my change for triple the face value we’d all be rich if it were that easy … what you have is not “vintage” at all nothing but Pop machine pocket change … hope you stick around learn more about the hobby and what to collect and what to avoid … might want start of learning how grade certain coins before you buy them, read some numismatic books then decide which coins you would like to collect US series ? Or world coin type ? 

Edited by Jason Abshier

In the immortal words of Hardy Har Har, "Oh dearrr, oh myyyyy".