• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1882 Shield Nickel MPD 1882/3? Help please
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hello this is Everett coin .. my son and I (he’s the numismatist- I’m his business partner lol) have had difficulty trying to find someone to examine this coin as so it’s attribution declares the variety.

we’re members of coneca and have contacted everyone from Mike Diamond to Joe Namath but can’t seem to find anyone with the time or knowledge on this variety. 

We wish to have NGC grade the coin examine it, but we don’t know a if this variety if it is what we suspect, and what seems apparent is recognized where is this something that is unknown…,

We have spent weeks on this one queen, reading everything that we can cherry pickers guide all the forums as well… 

Can anyone help us discovering which variety it is and who to properly send it out to or if NGC would attribute this coin as an 1882/1883? Please see the attached files. Thank you.

subsequently, this coin will be posted on eBay under the 1882 over three listing

IMG_1550.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello @Janicesellshomesthank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we are not able to identify varieties on coins via photos. An in-hand evaluation by the grading team would be required to determine if the coin has a variety or a mint error. However, you may visit our VarietyPlus | NGC page to review the varieties we designate and to see photos of those varieties.

If you'd like to submit your coin to determine if it may have a variety, you can read more about the process here: NGC Coins | How to submit.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

It looks like FS-302 1882/1882, but since you only show the last digit, it is impossible to know for sure. I suggest posting in the US Coins or Newbie section, with clear, cropped pictures of both sides of the coin, and a closer picture of the complete date and the IN GOD WE TRUST motto.