• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone identify this waffle mark? Mint Error or Post Mint Damage?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Agree. Someone squeezed the heck out of it in a vise. You can also check the coin from the edge and see if it is slightly thinner in that area than on the rest of the coin. That would tell you someone was playing with a vise in the garage or basement.

On 6/26/2023 at 11:36 PM, powermad5000 said:

someone was playing with a vise in the garage or basement.

That would be me , one of my many hobbies include pressing coins in a Vice and going to the local parking lots and tossing them out in random spots and waiting for newbies to hit this post with their errors they found … just kidding 

The waffle marks are from IHOP. It's made by the machine they use to convert stale pancakes into fresh waffles. Looks like someone accidentally dropped their tip money.

On 6/27/2023 at 1:25 PM, RWB said:

The waffle marks are from IHOP. It's made by the machine they use to convert stale pancakes into fresh waffles

You were off a bit ... they convert stale waffles into stale pancakes.  (:

Ohhhh...my mistake. I thought that stale pancakes became waffles, and stale waffles, became omelets. Be patient -- I'll eventually get it right!

Edited by RWB

I'm thinking this coin has experienced an alien abduction, or at least wishing it has.