• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 Proof set - Set #69
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Mine came in while I was at Summer Seminar. I haven't opened it yet. It'll be broken up for my 8000-series Dansco albums. BTW, Dansco will NOT be producing an album for the Women's Quarters Set until every woman to be honored has at least been named.

On 6/25/2023 at 11:24 AM, VKurtB said:

It'll be broken up for my 8000-series Dansco albums.

exactly what i do with my proof and mint sets.  i get a couple and break them down to my albums!

On 6/26/2023 at 5:20 AM, JT2 said:

exactly what i do with my proof and mint sets.  i get a couple and break them down to my albums!

I KNEW you were a man of impeccable taste and wisdom.

Good Afternoon, 

I received my shipment of the 2023 proof set in today I was going through them and I found one that has 2 nickels. Is this a normal thing that happens sometimes? I am really just looking for some info about it. I think it is pretty neat. I have enclosed a picture of what I am talking about. I would love some feedback on this. Thank You

Me.jpg

On 6/26/2023 at 7:03 PM, angel_eyes2368 said:

Good Afternoon, 

I received my shipment of the 2023 proof set in today I was going through them and I found one that has 2 nickels. Is this a normal thing that happens sometimes? I am really just looking for some info about it. I think it is pretty neat. I have enclosed a picture of what I am talking about. I would love some feedback on this. Thank You

Me.jpg

Yes that does happen now and then.  The bad news is it looks like it may have damaged the dollar coin.

Edited by Coinbuf

that's what happens now a days with the "Pride in workmanship" we have these days.  or is that entitlement?   not much attention to detail coming form the mint these days :(

Be sure to notify the US mint they should replace it, unless, of course you want to keep it for the novelty. 
or perhaps you are a proof set violator like VKurtB, who is going to ruin the capsule anyway. Lol 😆 

On 6/23/2023 at 8:09 AM, Mr.Bill347 said:

... total of 69 sets

Wow, that is a lot of mint sets!  Are you going to continue down in dates?

[Pre mid-1950's starts getting a little costly]

Edited by EagleRJO

On 6/26/2023 at 9:03 PM, angel_eyes2368 said:

Good Afternoon, 

Me.jpg

Take the extra nickel as a bonus, unless it damaged your SAC DOLLAR.