• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walking Liberty half-dollar: 1916. Post yours!
1 1

7 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2023 at 12:35 PM, EarlyUS.com said:

Straight Outta Album.... enjoy!

IMG_1838_.JPGIMG_1839_.JPG

On 6/22/2023 at 9:35 PM, Walkerfan said:

Here are my Denver and San Francisco coins: 

My Denver coin is in an old, blue, no-prong PCGS holder and is a 64.  I grabbed it off eBay, back in 2011, because I LOVED the luster and strike.

My 16-S is a PCGS 64 with a CAC sticker.  They are the rarest of the three and I can't believe how much that particular grade/CAC sticker combo has appreciated.  They have essentially DOUBLED in price, since I've purchased mine.  

Sadly, I have no suitable image of my Philly coin.  I snagged that off of the eBay, too, about 11 or 12 years ago.  Likewise it's a PCGS 64.  I built most of my early Walker set using that grade.  I felt it was optimal, as you could cherry-pick gems without paying the HUGE premiums.  MS 65 is where the Early Walkers really JUMP in price.  I grabbed it for $500!  They now retail for $1700, in 64, and gems are $3250, today.  Wish you could see it.  It has beautiful luster and some lovely rim toning.  Strike is good, too.  I'll have to work on getting a good image for it.  

You Know....People do a bunch of crying and complaining about eBay but it was instrumental for me in building my set.  I'll bet that almost half of my set came from there, either, directly or indirectly.  It's STILL very relevant to me, even today.  

1592688_Full_Obv.jpg

1592688_Full_Rev.jpg

1777431_Full_Obv.jpg

1777431_Full_Rev.jpg

Mr Garcia and WF those are some great Walkers:banana:(thumbsu:hi:

James, you shouldn't have two 105 year old coins that look that good. Absolutely gorgeous, both coins and it certainly does appear they came from the same album. Are the other coins from the album toned as attractively? Wow. 

Jim