• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 different orders
1 1

5 posts in this topic

So I have 6 older coins and 1 first release coin.  I am assuming i need a different forms for the old coins and then another form for the first release coin.  do i need to package them separately or do they need their own box?  I am going to assume i can ship both orders in one big box, but do i have to package the 2 orders separately or can i put them all in one box and just put in both forms into the larger box

These should be no problem with sending the two orders in the same box, provided that neither is in the higher "Express" or "Walkthrough" tiers that require special markings on the box.  The instructions at ngc-ncs-fillable-pdf-instructions.pdf (ngccoin.com) specifically state (p.4) that "[m]ultiple submissions can be mailed in the same box and can be shipped back together upon request." It is important, however, that you label each coin flip with the correct invoice and line number as shown at How to Package Coins for Submission | NGC (ngccoin.com).  I would put a rubber band around the flips containing the five coins on the one submission form and pack the other one with a separate rubber band around its flip.

Most questions about submissions can be answered by reviewing the topics under the "Submit" tab on the NGC home page.

On 6/21/2023 at 5:16 PM, Sandon said:

These should be no problem with sending the two orders in the same box, provided that neither is in the higher "Express" or "Walkthrough" tiers that require special markings on the box.  The instructions at ngc-ncs-fillable-pdf-instructions.pdf (ngccoin.com) specifically state (p.4) that "[m]ultiple submissions can be mailed in the same box and can be shipped back together upon request." It is important, however, that you label each coin flip with the correct invoice and line number as shown at How to Package Coins for Submission | NGC (ngccoin.com).  I would put a rubber band around the flips containing the five coins on the one submission form and pack the other one with a separate rubber band around its flip.

Most questions about submissions can be answered by reviewing the topics under the "Submit" tab on the NGC home page.

I think you can use one form but have a second line for the second submission.  That supposes that it's the same tier (i.e. Modern, Economy, Standard, etc...).

It depends on the dates of the old coins. 1965 is the cutoff date for the modern tier. You need to submit on one form for the modern tier for the first release, and then it depends on the dates of the other coins. If they are after 1965, then you can submit all on one modern form and make a note about wanting the first release label. If your older coins are pre 1965, then you will need two submission forms, one for the economy tier and the other form for the modern tier. If your older coins are going to be declared to be above $300, then you need another separate form for the more expensive coins that end up on the Early Bird tier. I agree with @Sandon that you need to carefully read NGC's submission notes.

You don't need to put each submission in its own separate box to put into a larger box. You can rubber band each submission with its form on top and put each rubber banded set into one box.

On 7/18/2023 at 10:37 AM, BearlyHereBear said:

I think you can use one form but have a second line for the second submission.  That supposes that it's the same tier (i.e. Modern, Economy, Standard, etc...).

NO! Each tier needs a separate form.