• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC, can we post PDF/Word Docs ?

7 posts in this topic

Can you allow these to be posted in the future ?  Many of us have interesting stuff and it's not something we can add right now.  The format is not supported, I believe.

I have sell-side research reports dealing with gold which would be of interest to bullion folks here....and I have PDFs I have made with various commentaries scoured from around the internet that would fit in various threads here and be of interest to some of our posters.

• Administrator

Hello @GoldFinger1969, thank you for contacting us. I will send a message to our chat board engineers to see if it is possible to add PDFs as a format that we support for attachments. Please note that I am unsure if this is intentional or not, so they may choose not to, but I will be sure to pass your request along for consideration.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

On 5/24/2023 at 9:05 AM, KaileeS CS said:

Hello @GoldFinger1969, thank you for contacting us. I will send a message to our chat board engineers to see if it is possible to add PDFs as a format that we support for attachments. Please note that I am unsure if this is intentional or not, so they may choose not to, but I will be sure to pass your request along for consideration.

Thanks Kailee (thumbsu...appreciated....video seems to be the real bandwidth hog, I think maybe they figured a coin forum would only be interested in JPEGs and picture formats. 

But PDFs (made from Word, if Word isn't also added) are critical to share commentaries that we all find and cut-and-paste together.

On 5/24/2023 at 9:05 AM, KaileeS CS said:

Any update on PDF attachments, Kailee ?

• Administrator

Hello @GoldFinger1969, hope you're doing well! I have not heard anything back on this matter, but I sent another follow-up to our chat board engineering team now. If they reply, I will pass on their decision.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

• Administrator

Hello @GoldFinger1969, I have heard back from my team. They advised that, due to the potential security risks, our team is currently only allowing image files to be uploaded at this time. They did advise that, if you choose, you can export your PDF to an imaging format we accept and upload that instead if you prefer. We hope this helps!

Please let us know if you need help with anything else. Thank you!