• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JP's Nickels
1 1

10 posts in this topic

On 5/17/2023 at 10:09 AM, J P M said:

Also it may be nothing but new coins in rolls for a while.

No fill-ins of any of the missing Morgans for that collection?

I have been struggling to acquire some of my missing 1890's Morgans, particularly the Carson City ones in the desired grades, due to the cost.  But I keep putting in bids on them so it's only a matter of time. ;)

Edited by EagleRJO

On 5/17/2023 at 10:09 AM, J P M said:

Now it will be fun to try to find any without bag marks everywhere

New rolls of nickels with bag marks everywhere?

On 5/17/2023 at 3:29 PM, EagleRJO said:

New rolls of nickels with bag marks everywhere?

Yes when they hit the shoot and pile on top of each other at the mint that is all it takes most of the time to mark them up. The rim on a new nickel is like a knife.

I have been doing quarter rolls and it hasn't been that bad, where you would expect that due to the heavier coin weight going into the bin at the mint.

On 5/17/2023 at 3:28 PM, EagleRJO said:

No fill-ins of any of the missing Morgans for that collection?

I have been struggling to acquire some of my missing 1890's Morgans, particularly the Carson City ones in the desired grades, due to the cost.  But I keep putting in bids on them so it's only a matter of time. ;)

I have been shopping hard but I am just not finding the coin in my price range. I almost bought a raw 1891 off the rack at the local coin shop.:whistle:  After looking at all the hairline scratches it was a no. So I am still on the hunt.  

On 5/17/2023 at 3:40 PM, J P M said:

I almost bought a raw 1891 off the rack at the local coin shop.:whistle:

You a confirmed MS guy looking at raw coins?  OMG!  :roflmao:

On 5/17/2023 at 3:41 PM, EagleRJO said:

You a confirmed MS guy looking at raw coins?  OMG!  :roflmao:

Ya I though you would get a kick out of that. The last four Morgan's may end up being that way to get the right price and then send them out if need be. I do have a bit of raw coins. I just cant justify using  them in the registry sets not enough of a price buffer to be worth it.

On 5/17/2023 at 3:48 PM, J P M said:

Morgan's may end up being that way to get the right price and then send them out if need be

I have been bidding on slabbed ones due to the cost of some of them (yea me, a confirmed raw coin collector bidding on paper labeled coin coffins (:), but I may have to also start searching/bidding on raw 1890's CC Morgans.  I will wait and see what happens over the summer to see if prices are continuing the downward trend.

On 5/17/2023 at 5:45 PM, EagleRJO said:

I have been bidding on slabbed ones due to the cost of some of them (yea me, a confirmed raw coin collector bidding on paper labeled coin coffins (:), but I may have to also start searching/bidding on raw 1890's CC Morgans.  I will wait and see what happens over the summer to see if prices are continuing the downward trend.

CC's will be a bit higher. It maters not for me I am only doing one per year. I also have no time frame so it will be done some day..... Maybe... If I live long enough.... or still have any money..... or can remember where I keep them ?:preach: