• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coin 1961

10 posts in this topic

1995 Lincoln penny this coin have a very small digital coin in the top between WE and TRUST what does this mean? when I check the coin with a magnifying and keep moving the coin up and down I can see very small different pictures Have you ever seen a coin with small digital coin on top? If you check picture you can see very small circle in top and you can see small picture

20230512_222625.jpg

20230512_222645.jpg

Edited by bouchta tajjiou
added more info

This appears to be a corrosion spot, as commonly appears on copper alloy and copper plated zinc coins. I've been collecting coins for 52 years but have never heard of a "digital coin". What do you mean by this? Could you direct me to any books, articles or websites about "digital coins"? (I assume you don't mean physical cryptocurrency, which looks nothing like this and isn't attached to government-issued traditional coins.)

Your heading says 1961 coin, your write up says 1995, you show a 1993 cent.

Whatever you are seeing just can’t happen during the striking of a coin. As I stated in your other post,  learn how coins are minted and then you can save time from looking for things that just aren’t there.

On 5/13/2023 at 10:01 AM, Greenstang said:

Your heading says 1961 coin, your write up says 1995, you show a 1993 cent.

Whatever you are seeing just can’t happen during the striking of a coin. As I stated in your other post,  learn how coins are minted and then you can save time from looking for things that just aren’t there.

Absolutely, it is so important I'll repeat it, learn first, THEN look for coins!

On 5/12/2023 at 10:01 PM, bouchta tajjiou said:

no is not a corrosion because when I check it with a magnifying I can see different pictures when I keep moving the coin looks like seated Liberty is digital small coin you keep moving the coin pictures change 

It's corrosion. Nothing more. 

On 5/12/2023 at 10:39 PM, bouchta tajjiou said:

... very small digital coin in the top between WE and TRUST ...

The mind sees what it expects or wants to see