• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Tips For Slaves" Aluminum Token
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have this token pictured and I cannot seem to find any info on this besides for the listings on TokenCatalog.com and Numista.com

Can anyone give me some background on this token? History? Meaning?

Thanks,

Aaron

2023-05-05-161315 (1).jpg

2023-05-05-161342 (1).jpg

• Administrator

Hello @aaronmgd, thank you for contacting NGC. NGC is a coin grading company. Unfortunately, we do not provide provenance or history of the coins we grade at this time. You can find out more about our company online at About NGC | NGC Coin Grading | NGC.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. You may want to post in the general chat to see if any of the other users may have more information about this token. Thank you!

You should post this inquiry in either the "Newbie Coin Collecting Questions" or the "U.S., World, and Ancient Coins" forum, which is also used by token collectors, for more attention.

This token has nothing to do with slavery as an institution. It is given to a server in a restaurant instead of cash due to the belief of some people that working for tips is a form of slavery.