• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Encapsulating circulated copper coins without conservation
1 1

3 posts in this topic

New premium membership here.  I understand PVC is of big concern for coins, but if there is no PVC on a circulated coin there are still human (hand) oils and other crud that concern me for long term storage of copper coins. If any hand oils/crud is present on a circulated copper coin (which is very common I would think) and I submit to NGC for encapsulation, will it still be processed without conservation from NCS?  What about small spots of verdigris? Unknown foreign material/crud? What about a small PVC presence, will those be rejected automatically or will NCS conservation be recommended to me as a post-submission add-on?

Much thanks!

• Administrator

Hello @Dan DJ, thank you for contacting us. If you do not outright reject NCS services on your submission form (leave the NCS box blank), then they will contact you directly if they feel that NCS services would benefit your coin(s). If you do reject NCS services, then you will not be contacted and anything the graders would normally be unable to grade would be rejected with a short description of why or it would be given an NGC Details grade, depending on what the issue with the coin is. You may visit our NGC Details grading page for more information HERE.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!