• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reholdering a Previously Certified Private Issue
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I have a 2009 2.5oz Humbert Commemorative Gold PF that was broken out of the holder by the previous owner. Is it possible to reholder it with the original label certification as show in the attached picture? If so which forms do I use and how do I request it. I am a NGC member. The item in question is https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-explorer/united-states/tokens-and-medals/modern-private-issues/1725/2009-2.5oz-humbert-commemorative-gold-pf/

Thank you.

2009 humbert.jpg

• Administrator

Hello @Mountain_Mud3769, thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, since the coin has been broken out of its holder, its grade is no longer applicable. Unfortunately, it cannot be sent in for a reholder service. You may kindly find this information on our NGC Guarantee | Coin Certification | NGC. If you'd like the coin to be encapsulated again, it would need to be sent in for grading so we can re-evaluate the grade and encapsulate it again.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

May I intrude here to ask a question? The link above provided by the OP shows only one of these coins graded by NGC, and it graded PF69. The coin pictured is graded Gem Proof UC. Is this the same coin? Is "Gem Proof" counted in the census as a 69?

• Administrator

Hello @Mountain_Mud3769, that appears to be an old label, so it would be holdered with a new NGC standard brown label most likely. @Just Bob, I do not see this medal in the census, so it's possible it was removed from the census data when it was originally removed from its holder.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.