• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miller designation for colonial coins?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I have never graded any of my coins, but I just upgraded to Premium membership.  If submit my 1787 Connecticut Draped Bust Left coin, is it possible to get the Miller designation on the holder, and if so, how do I request that when submitting?  Do I provide the Miller number, or is that determined when grading occurs? Is that a special service with a special fee?

Thanks!

• Administrator

Hello @Dan DJ, thank you for contacting us. We should be able to add the Miller number to your label if you request it on your submission form. To request this service, please kindly select "pedigree" as an additional service and place in the comments that you'd like the Miller number added, and what the Miller number is. The pedigree add-on service will be an additional $5.00 per coin. Please note that pedigrees are up to the grader's discretion, so ultimately they will have the final say on whether the number can be added to the label.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

@Dan DJ@KaileeS

That info. is not correct, just finished a long back and forth email with NGC

The Miller Number will only be added as part of a "Pedigree" (even though it's actually a variety)

In order to do it you'll need to provide proof of a "Pedigree" (Norweb Collection, Ship Wreck etc...) with documentation and submit a decent amount of coins, not just one or two coins at a time

Hello Phil, 

Thank you for your response! Unfortunately, we are unable to do that for you. I have confirmed this information with the graders. We truly apologize about that. 

Best regards,

Rachel N.
Customer Service
Certified Collectibles Group
p. (855) Grade10 | (855) 472-3310
collectiblesgroup.com

Phil,

Thanks for that info.  It is a real bummer that there is no reasonable way to get the Miller Number designation.  I have seen lots of NGC coins with the designation, so I am confused as to why it is no longer reasonable to get that factored in.  The coin value varies greatly when factoring in the Miller variety, so you would think NGC would want to charge more for the higher valued varieties.