• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions - NYC - burglarized
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Unreported in print until yesterday, Heritage Auctions' New York office on tony Park Avenue -- only blocks from former President Trump's abode, down two blocks from Stack's & Bowers and just around the corner from Brigandi's -- was burglarized in an early morning theft by three men in a brazen "smash and grab" which netted them eight (yes, 8) Hermes-brand handbags reportedly worth nearly a quarter-million dollars.

One would assume the showroom were outfitted with bullet- or shatter-resistant windows but they were not and CCTV recorded the swift intrusion and casual theft, the footage and reporting of which was presumably delayed for investigatory reasons since the incident occurred at 4 a.m. on Tuesday, March 7th.

[To seasoned veteran @VKurtB:  New York City crime is down. One is not to draw the unwarranted inference that such an intermittent series of such occurrences constitutes a crime wave or otherwise poses a threat to the safety of visitors and residents.]    🤣

On 4/13/2023 at 8:20 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Urban cities may be in an inexorable collapse.

FALSE NEWS!  🤣

On 4/13/2023 at 9:31 PM, World Colonial said:

I'll infer it wasn't made public as it's bad PR.  

It all depends on your primary source of information:  The Daily News, The New York Post or The New York Times. I read everything I can get my hands on, on-line dispatches, listen to the radio and watch the news. New York City is nothing like it once was.  Bad p.r.? "The only thing we have to fear... is fear itself."

Just say'n does anyone know where Goldfinger was around that time????  i mean i think it is his block...   or he may "know this guy" :) 

On 4/14/2023 at 7:52 AM, JT2 said:

Just say'n does anyone know where Goldfinger was around that time????  i mean i think it is his block...   or he may "know this guy" :) 

None of the three men involved were of the Caucasian persuasion and I somehow just can't picture GF being the getaway driver of a white Acura.  🤣

On 4/13/2023 at 7:20 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Urban cities may be in an inexorable collapse.

I have sworn off being in those cities. Collapse is inevitable.

On 4/13/2023 at 7:56 PM, Sandon said:

I didn't know that there were any rural cities!

My home of Arab, AL calls itself a city. In Pennsylvania, Arab would not presently qualify for such an appellation. It would be, at best, a borough. But it DOES have approximately double the population of Rosemont, Illinois. So yes, Arab IS INDEED a "rural city". Pennsylvania also has no such thing as "incorporated land". Every speck is under the control of one of five basic types of municipalities.

Edited by VKurtB

On 4/14/2023 at 10:53 AM, RWB said:

I'd prefer most urban areas (even Newark, NJ) to places with endemic political crime such as Alabama, Mississippi or Tennessee.

The quality of life in northern Alabama is unsurpassed. Farther south? Meh. Real "honest to Pete" rocket scientists here.

Edited by VKurtB