• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crossover Results
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Just received my coins back and pretty happy with the results. 

l’m curious though, does NGC notify PCGS when they crossover coins (and visa versa) to update census and remove serial numbers from being active?    

59CC0568-D046-4B79-A270-2F631903CE11.jpeg

Edited by JamieinMN

On 3/14/2023 at 12:48 PM, JamieinMN said:

Just received my coins back and pretty happy with the results. 

l’m curious though, does NGC notify PCGS when they crossover coins (and visa versa) to update census and remove serial numbers from being active?    

59CC0568-D046-4B79-A270-2F631903CE11.jpeg

To my knowledge, no they do not. I still have the PCGS inserts from crossover submissions from 4 years ago. When I insert the cert. no. into their database the coin is still there.

At this point, the census on both sides is not really close at all. Due to the crossover, crack out and resubmissions never being notified to the TPG. PCGS as well as NGC will delete the data from their respective data if you notify them and return the inserts.

Interesting results with two downgrades, good to hear that you are happy with the results.  As to the certs, no neither NGC or PCGS notifies each other when coins are crossed over, it is up to the person that attempts the crossover to send the certs back to the original TPG.   I do not know if this is still true but I believe that PCGS did pay a small bounty, like $.50 per cert returned to them.   Do not know if this is still true.

Did you cross these for registry slots?

On 3/14/2023 at 4:20 PM, Coinbuf said:

Interesting results with two downgrades,

Did you cross these for registry slots?

Yes unfortunately 2 were downgraded.  On the upside though, the 1980F did improve from PR68 to PR68UC.

And yes, I crossed them over for registry competition.  Feel free to check them out..

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/443576/

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/443575/

I have (no offense intended) always been critical of some of the PCGS grades being "inflated". I have found NGC to seem to have the toughest grading standards so I only submit to NGC and if I buy a slab, I will always try to find it NGC graded. Of the roughly 425 slabs I own, only 2 are PCGS. Just as an FYI. I have done several crossover experiments. ANACS usually grade the same, or in two instances NGC graded them higher. ICG have graded down 1 numeric in the proof experiment, and down 2 numerics in a silver Walker experiment.