• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Kennedy half reverse punched die struck

4 posts in this topic

I have a 1964 Kennedy half dollar with the face protruding and the back struck thru there is a copyright symbol in the back hole that has the name Huston over the copyright symbol I have two from two different people one says that they have no knowledge of the coin the other says that the coin came from the US Mint and doesn't know if it was ever in circulation and had the coin in storage for more than 50 years but it has a copyright symbol and the name in it is the coin errored by the mint or was it done by the copyrighted,455731713_IMG_20230306_1812542.thumb.jpg.467ecae3c60635c044c2398d3a52388d.jpgIMG_20230306_181254.thumb.jpg.4d3add576a62e0e08df3f65a8eb79daf.jpgIMG_20230306_181042.thumb.jpg.0f0077513e998d0a39caab5af3128004.jpg

• Administrator

Hello @sanction

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, we are not able to identify or authenticate coins via photos. Submission and evaluation by the grading team is required. 

You may want to visit a local NGC Authorized dealer for some insight into this type of coin. You can find dealers here: NGC | Dealer Locator.

If you have any questions, let us know. 

Thank you.

This is a "pop-out" souvenir privately created from a genuine Kennedy half dollar. Kennedy's raised face was not on the coin when it left the mint.  It is an altered coin, and I highly doubt that NGC or any other legitimate grading service would grade or encapsulate it.

On 3/7/2023 at 8:36 AM, Sandon said:

This is a "pop-out" souvenir privately created from a genuine Kennedy half dollar. Kennedy's raised face was not on the coin when it left the mint.  It is an altered coin, and I highly doubt that NGC or any other legitimate grading service would grade or encapsulate it.

But they’d be only too happy to take your money before telling you so. NickiO COULD tell you something useful but is prevented by company policy from doing so. It’s one of the saddest parts about this site. There, I said it out loud. You’ve heard of “corporate speak”?  This is worse. This is “owned by private equity firm corporate speak”, the worst variety. 

Edited by VKurtB