• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the NGC policy regarding foreign objects in a slab?

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just took delivery of an NGC slabbed coin from the person who had it slabbed. I have noticed there is a hair inside the slab, when taking pictures, on the edge/surface of the coin. It is definitely in there and not on the surface of the slab, see the attached picture, hair in the red circle. What's the NGC policy regarding this as clearly, it shouldn't be in there.

Thanks

1919 Hair.jpg

Edited by Nonmortuus
Typo

• Administrator

Hello @Nonmortuus

Thank you for contacting us. I apologize for this issue. Often times small filaments of plastic are left over from the manufacture of the holder. Occasionally one will find its way into the holder during encapsulation. 

To assist you further, may I have the certification number for your coin? 

Thank you. 

On 2/3/2023 at 3:56 AM, Nonmortuus said:

Its 100% there. If its organic matter  like a hair, I dont want it on the coin.

I don't blame you for that. I wouldn't want anything that might cause a spot or other streak being trapped inside there with my coin. Inert plastic is one thing, but a hair would need to be removed.