• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971S Proof Prototype?

34 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2023 at 4:35 PM, Greenstang said:

And did Ana mention that there are only 3 known prototypes in existence and they have all been certified by PCGS.

The last one for sale sold for $264,000.00.

Wow! What a pay day.!! I haven't really gotten into the value of it all. I bet that was a pretty exciting moment for sure. If they have I haven't gotten to that video yet but will surely enjoy that. Thanks for sharing .

On 1/28/2023 at 5:17 PM, VKurtB said:

Prayers aren’t worth much, but I appreciate the sentiment. I do enjoy this hobby, immensely. But it is a money loser, not a money maker. That’s for YouTube video believers. 

Does this mean your offer to look over my stash of 12,000 pennies for a coin that I know is worth at least $3,000 isn't still valid ? xD

On 1/28/2023 at 9:20 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Does this mean your offer to look over my stash of 12,000 pennies for a coin that I know is worth at least $3,000 isn't still valid ? xD

I would think you would be a busy bee looking for that coin! Hey if I had it I wouldn't even know it !;)lol

On 1/28/2023 at 9:20 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

I have well over 12,000 cents of my own ONLY in solid date rolls in BU condition, OF WHICH 600 of them are 1970-S BU cents and I’ve never even searched them for small dates, nor doubled dies. That’s how motivated I am (not) about varieties. I also have a NEARLY full roll and I DID find a small date in there. It’s now in an NGC MS66 holder. 

Edited by VKurtB