• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANACS graded coins

8 posts in this topic

Is there any chance that ANACS graded coins will be added to the Registry?  Of the 201 coins I have that have received grades of MS70, over 100 have been graded by ANACS.  It would be great if we could add them into the registry, as the registry also allows us to keep a running inventory of our collections.

Who has such a service?  I would love to get all these coins submitted online to where there’s an actual verifiable inventory of them if, for anything, insurance purposes.  These coins have been a big investment.  And that investment is still ongoing.

Welcome to the forum, this question has been asked several time in the past years, the reply from NGC has always been no ANACS coins will not be allowed to be used.   I doubt that is likely to change anytime soon but it never hurts to ask again.

ANACS charges substantially less than NGC or PCGS to grade coins and doesn't require a paid membership to submit coins for grading. The tradeoff is that the ANACS website (www.anacs.com) doesn't include a registry or a chat board, nor does it contain price guides or such educational resources as the NGC Coin Explorer or PCGS Coinfacts. Obviously, it is quite expensive to provide such unpaid services to the public, and the provision of such services is only worthwhile if it creates an adequate number of additional submissions to defray the cost.  It is unusual for a business to promote a competitor's products.  We are fortunate that NGC allows PCGS graded coins on its registry, albeit only U.S. coins and with some limitations.

ANACS does have a certificate verification service, which you can access by clicking the "Verify" tab at the top of the home page. (There is also a population report which you can access by registering for a free membership and obtaining a password.) I would advise @BeardBoy61 to keep a record of his ANACS coins, including the serial numbers on the holders, which enable use of the certificate verification function and can confirm his description of these coins. Such records can be handwritten, produced on a computer spreadsheet or word processing program. Commercial coin record software also exists, such as "Coin Collector's Assistant", which I noticed is currently available at Amos Advantage - Coin Collector's Assistant. (I have never used such software and don't know how well it works.)

On 1/18/2023 at 6:43 PM, BeardBoy61 said:

Who has such a service?  I would love to get all these coins submitted online to where there’s an actual verifiable inventory of them if, for anything, insurance purposes.  These coins have been a big investment.  And that investment is still ongoing.

One thing to consider - NGC allows PCGS coins in the competitive U.S. registry. PCGS coins are not allowed in the World registry. They are allowed in the custom sets, however.

Like Zebo said you can create a custom set if you are a collectors society member.  there you can put anything  you wish

On 1/19/2023 at 11:24 AM, JT2 said:

Like Zebo said you can create a custom set if you are a collectors society member.  there you can put anything  you wish

While this is true only the NGC and PCGS coins are actually visible to anyone other than the set owner.    My old holder custom set has 4 pages of coins, but anyone other than myself will only see the two pages of NGC and PCGS coins.