• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Assistance Identifying Medal/Token
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find out what this medal is.  I have searched the name of the individual who made the dies, and I have searched the individual on the medal. I still can’t find this!!!  I did find something that sort of looked like this, but it was a different year. It was a shooting award medal for the Leclerc Prix, for the USAF/Army competition. I tried looking for those to see if I could find more of them, but no luck. Can anyone help?  Please and thank you!

Ty G

3EFE3930-EE66-4A2C-A2D0-A93592C763C8.jpeg

1970E72C-142B-4B25-BC49-74B4B5B6A0A5.jpeg

1A638C3F-BAD0-4729-991E-C0A85A60FF7B.jpeg

french ww2 general...not sure what the medal/token etc presented or awarded for? possibly an annual particpation event?...would assume a french event or commemoration of some type....

On 1/16/2023 at 12:31 PM, zadok said:

french ww2 general...not sure what the medal/token etc presented or awarded for? possibly an annual particpation event?...would assume a french event or commemoration of some type....

For a French general? Probably for a very stylish surrender. 

On 1/17/2023 at 7:48 PM, Ty Gemberling said:

Thank you zadok, and VKurtB that made me laugh!  

I have quite a few WW2 veterans among my uncles. All of Germanic stock; all of whom fought Nazis, all but one of whom earned the Purple Heart. The last one passed in 2019 at age 101. My dad was 4F and flew warplanes from midwestern factories to the east coast for shipping to Europe. His first peacetime job was selling aircraft.