• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If You Post A Error Coin I'll Post
1 1

12 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2023 at 8:53 PM, Errorists said:

a error coin.

A error coin or a variety the definition is important. I see your avatar is a MA. State quarter Die crack. I have a Double spike head recognition like this....http://cuds-on-coins.com/jefferson-nickel-spike-heads-1938-1999/

Full Crack 350X350.jpg

Edited by J P M

On 1/4/2023 at 12:04 PM, Errorists said:

So here is another error I have. Spiked Head.

Screenshot_20230104-081532_Gallery.jpg

A rogue cosmic ray perhaps?

On 1/4/2023 at 11:34 PM, Errorists said:

So here is another error I have. Spiked Head.

Screenshot_20230104-081532_Gallery.jpg

I love the design. When I was browsing for essay ideas online, I came across your paper, and after reading it, I discovered https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/teamwork/ website and It has been quite useful in assisting me in locating the best topics for my essay writing project. If you're looking for essay writing ideas, you should visit this website.

I love the design.

Edited by WilliamMorrow

On 1/19/2023 at 7:29 AM, WilliamMorrow said:

You must first realise that numismatic mistakes arise from the dies, indicating that they were there before the coin was struck.

Sorry, but this information isn't completely accurate. While some errors are the result of die damage, etc., most of the things involving the dies that are called errors are actually die states or varieties. The majority of true errors are either planchet errors - lamination, improper alloy, clipped planchet, etc. - or strike errors - misaligned dies, broad strikes, double strikes, capped dies, etc.

On 1/19/2023 at 7:57 AM, Just Bob said:

Sorry, but this information isn't completely accurate. While some errors are the result of die damage, etc., most of the things involving the dies that are called errors are actually die states or varieties. The majority of true errors are either planchet errors - lamination, improper alloy, clipped planchet, etc. - or strike errors - misaligned dies, broad strikes, double strikes, capped dies, etc.

Yes. Die damage counts.