• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok To Just Share?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Looks like both dies had seen their better days. Nice find.

It is interesting that, even though there is evidence of die erosion, the outside lettering is not drawn toward the rim, as is often seen on other coins.

Hey you guys. Thanks a bunch. I love it and find it absolutely lovely. Lol! @Just Bob Maybe that's why ot may not be a Shattered Die after all. 

So this kid that I put a lot of faith in says that in order for the Die to be considered Shattered that the Breaks/Cracks have to be connected but I've not heard that. I don't know what else they'd call it with it looking like this. Do y'all know anything about that? 

On 1/2/2023 at 10:45 AM, KarenHolcomb said:

Hey you guys. Thanks a bunch. I love it and find it absolutely lovely. Lol! @Just Bob Maybe that's why ot may not be a Shattered Die after all. 

So this kid that I put a lot of faith in says that in order for the Die to be considered Shattered that the Breaks/Cracks have to be connected but I've not heard that. I don't know what else they'd call it with it looking like this. Do y'all know anything about that? 

Well it looks like many of the cracks on the reverse are connected. If not shattered at the least rim to rim and bisecting breaks.

@J P MI just can't call it anything less than Shattered. I may be a stubborn little girl, but this is a special Coin. I have made 1st Contact with error-ref and hopefully they will let me send some photos since the guy at CUDS on Coins isn't working right now. I mean heck, this Coin has their listings for 01R thru 06R all on one Coin and they have nothing with the ones on the Obverse. Idk? I'll get it figured out somehow and have a name for it by weeks end. Regardless it sure is a coolio Coin. Lol!