• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown Coin/Token
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I have found no info on this coin/token. Does anyone have any idea what & or where it’s from & for what? Thanks for any help! I’ve had a long time. Lifetime collector & no answer on this one.

CF67FD54-C5C0-45D1-A4C4-BE2F5706B4B4.jpeg

4D6DA8CE-0337-456A-8E8B-8D5791CFE0FA.jpeg

Probably a hard times or sales tax token. Just guessing. Ive done a little studying but Im not very knowledgable on them. We have a member on here thats pretty good at identifying them. Ill tag him for ya. Just have some patience and next time he gets on here he may be able to help ya. His name is @Just Bob

He found a couple for me before. 

Thanks for your help, I’m familiar with Bob & I’m sure if anyone has seen this he has. I’ve searched the entire internet backwards & forwards for years since I’ve had this Token & nothing. No match ever. I do know the meaning of the word, it’s old English for British, but the alchemical symbol is not a brothel token because the horseshoe is upside down if you turn it to look like a heart which they wouldn’t do because it negates bad luck. So, I’ve tried to decipher the symbol & it has similar Alchemical symbols, the closest is a Illuminati tattoo that matches it & looks like the symbol exactly. Very strange & obscure since I’ve collected all my life & this one has no tracing. Maybe meeting tokens handed out to invites. I would estimate the date based on age to the 1950’s.