• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A New Year's Resolution
1 1

3 posts in this topic

For some time now I have lamented the legitimate collector's unfamiliarity with the splendid array of marvelous tools at Moderation's disposal.

Lately, barring outright guideline violations, I have gotten the impression that there may be some merit to members' complaints that they would rather not see my name attached to every thread in sight, and hear from me even less.

While it has taken me some time to establish precisely when Moderation is most active, it serves little purpose to exploit the advantage when the post is inevitably removed.

ACCORDINGLY, I, QUINTUS ARRIUS, WILL VOLUNTARILY LIMIT MY OUTPUT TO REGISTERING LIKES, AND THE LIKE, AND POST REPLIES OR COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS TO NO MORE THAN THREE PER DAY.

THAT MAY NOT SEEM LIKE MUCH OF A CONCESSION TO THOSE WHO MAY BE NEW TO THE PROFESSION AND CHAT BOARDS, BUT TRUST ME, IT IS A SEA CHANGE IN ATTITUDE I BELIEVE MOST WHO UTILIZE THE BOARD FOR POSITIVE DISCOURSE WILL FIND MOST WELCOME.  Who knows, it may even encourage the gentleman who penned the "Outta here" farewell to come back and test-drive a new and improved chat board.  😉 

On 12/21/2022 at 9:30 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

For some time now I have lamented the legitimate collector's unfamiliarity with the splendid array of marvelous tools at Moderation's disposal.

Lately, barring outright guideline violations, I have gotten the impression that there may be some merit to members' complaints that they would rather not see my name attached to every thread in sight, and hear from me even less.

While it has taken me some time to establish precisely when Moderation is most active, it serves little purpose to exploit the advantage when the post is inevitably removed.

ACCORDINGLY, I, QUINTUS ARRIUS, WILL VOLUNTARILY LIMIT MY OUTPUT TO REGISTERING LIKES, AND THE LIKE, AND POST REPLIES OR COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS TO NO MORE THAN THREE PER DAY.

THAT MAY NOT SEEM LIKE MUCH OF A CONCESSION TO THOSE WHO MAY BE NEW TO THE PROFESSION AND CHAT BOARDS, BUT TRUST ME, IT IS A SEA CHANGE IN ATTITUDE I BELIEVE MOST WHO UTILIZE THE BOARD FOR POSITIVE DISCOURSE WILL FIND MOST WELCOME.  Who knows, it may even encourage the gentleman who penned the "Outta here" farewell to come back and test-drive a new and improved chat board.  😉 

Somebody needs to annoy the prigs.