• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Identifying - John Wanamaker/Ulysses Grant Medal
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hello, not sure if I chose the right forum or topic, but I need help identifying this medal/token. I can only find 1 mention of this, and it is an item for sale on a Civil War Badges website where it is for sale. It does not have any info on it. I have searched Sullivan’s and Rulau’s US Tokens book, 3rd edition. Any info on it would be greatly appreciated!

Ty G. 

0AEF5595-02A9-4F37-AA4F-F23780951714.jpeg

CC0DAF5B-28E8-43B4-A20D-5E491C98D134.jpeg

They made so many medals and tokens during that era. Your could even be unique but they don't bring a huge premium. I have a bunch of them I won at an auction in the past. I do suggest Heritage Auctions or Stacks Bowers they have sold just about anything you can think of.

Good luck with your research and btw very cool medal!

Thanks everyone!  Yeah, if this was from the 1870’s or 1880’s or even 1890’s, I know they had a lot of medals made.  Once I figure out a date I can start sourcing that year and die sinkers. 

I special or my collection rather specializes in Lovett pieces. I know this is not a Lovett medal though.