• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 Cent Strike through?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Found this 2019 Cent and am wanting someone to take a look at it and tell me if they think it is a strike-through. I just thought it had that look. Also, if it's unlikely to be damage due to the fact that no zinc is showing through the copper coating.S20221201_0003.thumb.jpg.326924febd547de1caec7ee5fa92a1e2.jpg If so, what could it have been struck through?

S20221201_0001.jpg

S20221201_0002.jpg

S20221201_0005.jpg

It could be a strike through but it could also be blistering ? I find that a lot of the new cents the plating is so thin that moisture gets through and zinc rot does not take long to set in.

On 12/5/2022 at 1:26 PM, Origami Master said:

the elements in question are impressed not raised.

Ok,  I saw bubbles around the devices of Liberty and if the zinc was missing under the copper it could be incuse after being touched. 

On 12/5/2022 at 10:07 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Im really thinking its struck through grease myself. I could be wrong but it looks pretty convincing to me. 

Ya I will go with that,