• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inquiring

8 posts in this topic

It's some kind of commemorative or something....Walking Liberty pieces weren't struck in 1996....not even sure they were made in $1....this may or may not have 1 ounce of silver.

Unless it's a restrike I am unaware of. 

On 11/27/2022 at 12:40 AM, JessicaJoe said:

I might have mistaken my post though I put Silver Bullion just looking for an option in way new to this... Thank you in advance

That looks like a common 1996 1-ounce silver eagle bullion coin that's not in great shape, but the pics are not very good and blurry.  If you are taking pics with your phone try stacking up some books to rest your hand on.

Also, it's not worth submitting for grading if that's what you were thinking from your other posts, since you would actually lose money doing that (grading cost > coin value), unless there is a specific reason to do that like for a NGC Registry Set.

https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-explorer/united-states/american-eagles-and-bullion-coins/silver-eagles-1986-date/710022/1996-eagle-s1-ms/?des=ms

https://www.apmex.com/product/1066/1996-1-oz-american-silver-eagle-bu

On 11/26/2022 at 10:20 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

It's some kind of commemorative or something....Walking Liberty pieces weren't struck in 1996....not even sure they were made in $1....this may or may not have 1 ounce of silver.

Unless it's a restrike I am unaware of. 

It is not a walking liberty half, she has a standard ASE (American Silver Eagle), these were first struck in 1986 and are still being produced by the US mint today.   This design was used through 2021 with a new type 2 reverse design also introduced in 2021, the obverse has not been changed.

Appears to have been handled and thus worth only bullion....as of 11/26/2022 that was about $21.47. Might also be one of the many Chinese and Colorado counterfeits. It is NNOT a "replica" -- legal ones have the word "COPY" stamped on them.